Senior Insurance Options
With Perlman Clinic, seniors have many great insurance options! The most common questions we get are about Medicare. With Medicare, our patients typically fall into 3 primary buckets:
- Original Medicare: We always accept traditional Medicare Part B as primary insurance, as well as supplemental insurance if you have it.
- Medicare Advantage PPO: We accept almost all major Medicare Advantage PPO plans in San Diego.
- Medicare Advantage HMO: We accept almost all major Medicare Advantage HMO plans in San Diego, so long as you choose a Perlman Clinic provider as your Primary Care physician.
Since Medicare Advantage HMO is more complicated, we will go into some detail about our health plan and medical group options.
Medicare Advantage: Health Plans
We have contracts with all major Medicare Advantage health plans in San Diego, including:
- Blue Shield
- Blue Cross
- Brand New Day
- Health Net
- United Healthcare
Medicare Advantage: Medical Groups
We work with the major San Diego medical groups, so you can access vast specialist options along with the hospital of your choice between Scripps, UCSD, and Sharp. Medical group options include:
- Scripps Physicians Medical Group
- Mercy Physicians Medical Group
- UC San Diego Health
- Sharp Community Medical Group
- Health Excel (Ximed IPA)
- Golden Physicians
- Regal Medical Group
- Primary Care Associates of CA
Impact on my Primary Care from Perlman Clinic
Whether you choose Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage, you will get the same service from us! This includes longer appointments, same-or-next day availability, extended hours, and many great doctors and locations to choose from.